JOB TITLE: OTB/Keno Attendant
GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III A
GRADE: 5 / 12.789
SYSTEM TITILE: OTB/Keno Clerk
POSITION REPORTS TO: VGD Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for writing, verifying and making payments on tickets while delivering excellent guest service.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Greet all guests, providing cordial and courteous service.
3. Maintain cash banks, responsible for accepting payment and making correct change when necessary.
4. Stock station and terminals with adequate supplies.
5. Make payments on winning tickets in an accurate and timely manner; verifies tickets and payoffs.
6. Reconcile assigned bank.
7. Handle writing/cashiering in accordance with casino and department policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable regulatory controls and laws.
8. Notify supervisor of any irregularities noted in Guest play or other transactions.
9. Provide information and assistance to guest to ensure the delivery of accurate and helpful guest service.
10. Create, maintain and facilitate a positive work environment.
11. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
12. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING FOR POSITION (required/preferred):
• High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
• Money handling experience preferred.
• OTB experience preferred.
ON-SITE TESTING REQURIED:
• Basic math and Cash Handling
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Read, write and speak English fluently.
• Demonstrate excellent guest service skills.
• Demonstrate basic math skills.
• Demonstrate ability to work successfully with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate ability to follow directions and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
• Regularly required to stand and work on your feet for extended periods of time; talk, walk, stand, hear and observe; reach, bend, crouch, kneel, sit, squat, twist, climb stairs, reach and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Manual and finger dexterity for operation of personal computer and routine paperwork.
• Lift, move, push or pull up to 40lbs. occasionally more with or without assistance.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Some essential functions of the job performed within a smoking environment.
• Monitored by surveillance cameras.
• Use of portable radio or cellular telephone to be in constant contact with department.