JOB TITLE: Tribal Development Program (TDP) Specialist
GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III B
GRADE: 13 / 24.294
POSITION REPORTS TO: Sr. TDP Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provide assistance, guidance and support to TDP Participants in career exploration, job readiness training, work skills, assessing community resources and other career development activities to help achieve career goals and successfully transition to regular full-time employment. Prepare and deliver TDP development training to address the wide variety of needs for TDP Participants. May assist TDP Sr. Staff on advising Participants regarding career interests, strategies and related matters including personal and professional development.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
1. Promote, maintain and support the Vision, Mission and Core Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Support TDP administration and implementation by assisting with, identifying career interests, and performing assessments, developing training tracks, coordination and facilitation of TDP meetings and events, and other related activities.
3. Facilitate appropriate learning and performance solutions for TDP Participants using various methods that best suit audience needs and which tangibly and positively impact performance.
4. Assist Sr. Specialist with facilitative position placement with operational department managers.
5. Assist with tracking TDP Participant progress and follow-up.
6. Use resource library of occupational information and opportunities, as well as career and educational offerings at colleges, seminars, training classes, professional services, etc.
7. Assist and work on specific projects under the direction of the Sr. Staff and TDP Manager.
8. Assist in the planning and organization of TDP training programs.
9. Create, customize, and manage individualized Learning Plans for TDP Participants within online performance management system.
10. Conduct 30/60/90 checkpoints with new Participants sharing feedback with the Sr. Specialist and TDP Manager.
11. Proactively work with Participants and applicable designees to identify development needs on an individual and group basis.
12. Assess training effectiveness using evaluation tools.
13. Provide input to Sr. Staff and Tribal Development Program Management for strategic and budget planning.
14. Maintain accurate Participant records including training requests, training provided, attendance records and expense tracking.
15. Smile and engage with guests in a friendly, professional manner.
16. Create, develop and facilitate a positive work environment.
17. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS (required/preferred):
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING FOR POSITION (required/preferred):
• Associate’s Degree required. Extensive (+4 years) specific career development and professional development training experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
• Experience in career development, career counseling, workplace training, adult learning and instructional design or related required.
• Tribal gaming experience and/or experience with Tribal culture, protocols and customs preferred.
TESTING REQUIRED: All tests are distributed in person at the Human Resources’ office. All testing must be completed by or before posting close date.
ADDITIONAL TESTING REQUIRED: Performance interview and additional testing requested by TDP Management for qualified applicants passing initial interview process.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Knowledge of modern principles of adult learning techniques, behavior modification and facilitation.
• Excellent written and oral communication, including training facilitation.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office suite, including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, graphic and presentation software and implementation of effective programming and related documentation.
• Knowledge of LMS and performance evaluation software.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver quality facilitation to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Knowledge of professional career coaching and counseling methodologies and resources. Strong interpersonal relationship development and maintenance with all levels of participants.
• Work with, maintain and protect confidential materials and information.
• Represent Muckleshoot Casino in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
• Facilitate effective group interaction and development.
• Develop presentations and ideas for individuals or groups.
• Strong critical thinking and fact-finding skills. Identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve the issues. Demonstrate ability to employ conflict management techniques where needed.
• Work professionally with diverse individuals.
• Use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Organizational skills, including planning, multi-tasking, time management and follow-through.
• Listen effectively and accept feedback.
• Work with guided supervision, moving projects forward
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.